By now you should have heard that we are changing our name from Virginia Housing Development Authority to Virginia Housing. As mentioned our website has been updated with the new name and logo but there are still a lot of updates to be made. Originating Lenders will see both the old and new name/logo for a period of time while we work through this transition. Here are a few helpful insights about this rebranding. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!Website URL:
- Our URL is now VirginiaHousing.com, however vhda.com will continue to work. Originating Lenders should be proactive about whitelisting the new URL if necessary.
Guidelines and Lender Resources:
The following includes our name and/or logo we hope to have updated in the near future but no set date yet. Some may be updated sooner than others.
- Program Guidelines,
- Origination Guide,
- Matrices, and
- Training material.
Forms and Documents:
- Virginia Housing Development Authority remains our legal name so Note(s) should continue to be endorsed to Virginia Housing Development Authority. The Hazard Insurance and Mortgage Insurance Certificate Mortgagee Clause should be listed as Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- Our forms and documents that include our name and/or logo will also be updated soon, including what’s available on our website and what’s generated out of our systems. Originating Lenders are expected to use the new version once it is available, however understand if it takes a short period of time to transition to the new version for some forms and documents.
- Originating Lenders are responsible for conveying our name change to their homebuyers. As mentioned most documents will still reflect VHDA and the old logo for a period of time, however the Welcome Letter mailed to the homebuyer after the loan is purchased explains the name change.
- Our email addresses have changed to @VirginiaHousing.com, however we will still receive emails sent to @vhda.com.
- Any mail should be addressed to Virginia Housing, however we will continue to receive mail addressed to VHDA or Virginia Housing Development Authority.