Join a National Leader in Affordable Housing
When you join the team at Virginia Housing, you’ll have the opportunity to realize your potential alongside creative problem solvers and innovators who bring affordable housing solutions to Virginia.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and access starts with associates and is weaved throughout all we do, by:
- Creating a workplace that fully reflects the communities we serve where everyone feels empowered.
- Conducting outreach efforts to reach diverse individuals with an emphasis on underserved and marginalized communities.
- Listening and engaging with diverse communities to meet their needs.
- Valuing teamwork with our diverse suppliers and business partners.
“I love my job because it allows me to be a part of the conversation. Through our designs we help communicate Virginia Housing’s mission, products and services, and we get to share some of our customers’ stories, which is always interesting.”
Kathryn, Senior Graphic Designer
“Here’s something else most people don’t know about Virginia Housing: many of the associates working here purchased their first home with a Virginia Housing loan. I actually bought my first home with a Virginia Housing loan product, and years later I came to work for Virginia Housing.”
LaDonna, Housing Education Manager
“My role directly supports Virginia Housing’s mission as I can look out of my window and see a high-quality affordable housing development, and I can see them all across the state.”
“Virginia Housing participates in several volunteer projects such as Habitat for Humanity, Angel Tree, School Supply Drives and the Food Bank.”
Learn About Our Benefits and Programs
We provide a competitive benefits program:
Health and finance
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical/dependent care)
- Long-term and short-term disability plans
- Life insurance/accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- 401(A), 401(K) and 457 savings and investment plans with matches and contributions
In response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule, the following link will provide machine-readable files for review. These documents include negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here to learn more.
Life and culture
- Tuition assistance
- Team building activities
- Hybrid work schedules
- On-site cafeteria
- Free parking
- On-site fitness center
Our Hiring Process
How It Works
- Step 1: You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
- Step 2: Our recruitment team will review applications and reach out to qualified candidates.
- Step 3: If selected, you will participate in a panel-style interview and may be asked to complete an experiential or skills assessment. This is also an opportunity to meet members of our team.
- Step 4: The recruitment team will provide you with status updates after the interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Virginia Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Our successful operation depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other unlawful factor. The authority has an obligation to hire and develop the best people it can find, basing its judgment on an individual’s job-related qualifications in order to ensure equal employment opportunity for everyone.